This Resource Center will be useful to military members as well as those who serve them. Congregations who want to promote military ministry will also find posters and other helpful materials.
Christians who are in the military should view the videos “Staying Close to God’s Word While in the Military” and “How to have religious services on base.” A downloadable flyer, also titled “How to have religious services on base,” has information that has been successful in helping civilian pastors gain access to serve military members of his faith upon their request.
Military members will find valuable guidance about witnessing to their faith in the downloadable flyer, “How to share your faith in the military.”
Military Contact Pastors stationed near an installation or pastors who are trying to serve their members who are in the military should view the video “Providing services on a military installation” and download the flyer with the same title. It is also wise to view the other resources on this page, including materials recommended above to members in the military.
Congregations who want to promote military ministry will find it helpful to post the downloadable Military Referral Poster, review the downloadable “How to minister to those who serve” and “Military Mission Projects.” A video about ministering to those who serve can be found here.
- “A Pastor Looks at PTSD”
- “Spiritual Implications for PTSD and TBI”
- Military Mission Projects
- Military Referral Poster
- For the WELS Service Member: How to have religious services on base
- For the WELS Service Member: How to share your faith in the military
- For the Military Contact Pastor: Providing services on a military installation
- For WELS Congregations: Ministering to those who serve
Find other available military resources at the following links:
- Training and materials for ministry to the military
- Military Occasions and National Holiday Resources
- Lutheran Military Support Group
Military Services brochures are available upon request. Simply email your name, address, and the quantity desired to [email protected].